Tuesday 5 January 2016

To Short Cut Or NOT To Short Cut!!


Here we are in a fresh new year ... and it IS just a wee bit fresh here on top of our 'hill' today, as we've been blessed with some wonderful, much-needed rain. Which made it the perfect day to hunker down with some sewing ... which I did! :0) Which leads me to the question posed in my heading ...

To Short Cut Or NOT To Short Cut?!

Do you have these kinds of arguments with yourself when you're working on projects, or is it just me? OK ... let me clue you in to what I was working on. I went back to my holiday "To Do" list, which included making a couple more of my lingerie drawstring bags as gifts for a couple of friends ... late Christmas gifties ... OOPS! :0) And when it came to the drawstring part, that's when I started having the above philosophical discussion with myself ...


Did I fuss and fiddle to add the casing for the drawstring ... or did I take a little short cut and stitch around, then unpick a section of the outer side seam and run the drawstring between the outer bag and the lining?? I have to tell you, the discussion was long, involved and almost came to blows! Tee! Hee! Hee! In the end ... in this particular instance ... I decided NOT to short cut. I decided that if I was taking the time to hand make gifties for friends, then they deserved my best efforts ... and they're worth a little extra fussing and fiddling! :0) If it had been for myself, I probably would have taken the short cut to get the project finished quicker. Aren't we funny creatures in our decisions about when a short cut is a time saving  idea or a cheat??! :0)

Oh ... would you like to see the finished bags? Okey doke ...

I'm glad I fussed and fiddled ... I like the contrast of the spotty dotty fabric I used for the casing. :0) Two brand new finishes for January - Yay me!! What a great way to start the year ...


And speaking of finishes ... OPAM gals ... I've just about finished the bloghopping for December's finishes ... I will be doing the prize draw when I get back from a sleep over play date with my Bestest-Buddy-Since-We-Were-Nine Lynette ... so you've got a couple more days grace to email me your finishes. I've already checked sidebar lists, so if you hadn't added all your December finishes, please drop me an email to catch up. And since my GORGEOUS Partner-In-Crime Sweet Peg and I will be hosting OPAM again in 2016 ... I already have some finishes to add to my list! :0) Sign up for OPAM 2016 will be towards the end of January, so stay tuned if you want to join the fun and have a little bit of extra incentive to finish some projects this year. :0)

Right now though, I'm off to finish my cup of tea and pack a bag for a sleep over play date - WOO! HOO! :0) Hope 2016 is treating you well so far ... and that there are many WONDERFUL adventures in store for us all this year. :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS



6 comments:

Maria said...

Your lingerie bags are lovely and I am pleased you didn't short cut the top....
How clever of you to have two finishes for January already.
I am sew happy you are organising us again this year for OPAM.
Need lots of help with UFO as it is our Triennial Hanging in October...

Jo said...

So happy you decided to go all the way and work extra hard. They are special gifts after all

Christine M said...

Your bags are lovely, Kris. I love the red and blue. Thanks for another great year of keeping us on track with OPAM. I'll be signing up again this year.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous projects Kris xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Ooh so pretty....perfect to hold your pretties. I had the very same discussion before Christmas lol!

Fiona said...

your bags are very pretty.... thanks for doing the OPAM again
Hugz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...