Since I'd had a yummy omelette for breakfast I decided that a coffee and muffins was a nice idea for a lighter lunch option that would also satisfy my need for a treat. So into the depths of the fridge and cupboard I delved ... AHA! Some ingredients were found ...
They may not look very appetising in their current form, but I could see healthy banana muffins in my future. :0)
HEALTHY BANANA MUFFINS
* 3 soft bananas, mashed
* 1/2 cup brown sugar (next time I'm going to try honey)
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 1/2 cup milk
* 2 cups wholemeal SR flour
* 1 cup rolled oats
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon Bicarb
* 1/2 cup currents
* 1/2 cup slivered almonds
1. Preheat oven to 170C. Line/grease two muffin 12 cup muffin trays.
2. In a large bowl combine: bananas, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, oil and milk.
3. In another bowl combine the flour, bicarb, baking powder, oats, cinnamon, ginger, currents and almonds until blended, then add to wet mix and stir until fully combined ... but don't over-mix.
4. Divide mixture between 24 muffin cups and bake for about 15 minutes or until muffins are browning and firm to touch. Cool and enjoy!
So this is what my lunch looked like ...
They were pretty YUMMY and I didn't feel like I was being TOO naughty. :0) Hope you enjoy making some sweetie-treaties too ... let me know if you try my recipe and what you think of it. Hmmm ... I think it must be time for another cuppa ... and maybe another muffin?! Tee! Hee! Hee! Til next time ...