Friday 17 November 2017

A Quilter's Lament!!



 OK Stitchers, quilters, patchworkers & all creative types out there in blogland ... I KNOW you will ALL have asked yourself this question on numerous occasions ...

With a sewing/craft room full of fabric/crafting supplies ... How can I still NOT find what I need to make this project?!?!

SIGH! I had great plans for my day off today. I was going to indulge in a yummy breakfast, savour a big mug of coffee whilst re-reading yet another of my favourite Nora Robert trilogies, then get stuck in to make my SSCS gifties for Chookyblue's swap that soon need to be loaded on Santa's sleigh. Well ... I managed the yummy breakfast (perfectly poached eggs on crunchy whole grain sourdough toast) & enjoyed a big mug of coffee ... But substituted a phone chat with Mum for the indulgent reading. Then I headed for my sewing room, where after a very frustrating half hour of searching, fabric fossicking & umming & ah-ing I  decided I don't have just the right fabrics to do what I'd planned. AAAAAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!

So ... I'm off to visit my "Home-Away-From-Home" to get what I need. That's definitely not a hardship, but it does involve a 20 minute drive either way & the time it all takes. I wonder if GB REALLY wants dinner tonight? I've gotta make up my lost sewing time somewhere, right? :0)

I hope you all have some fun stuff planned for your weekend ... & that your plans run a little smoother than mine! Now I'm off to shop. :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

3 comments:

Fiona said...

Yup, I had the same thing yesterday, but lucky for me it is half the drive and I fitted in sewing with the monthly Thursday ladies too .... hope you found what you needed and have a lovely weekend playing with it...

Hugz

Susan said...

Chuckle - hope you found what you absolutely had to have!!

Maria said...

I hear ya Kris BUT I have an hours drive each way . Thankfully a lovely lady is opening a Fabric Shop in Dongara Dec 4th... We are all over the moon....

I'm sure hubby can get some baked beans on toast for his tea sew you can create....LOL...

Have a fabulous weekend...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...