Thursday 12 October 2017

Beachy Blues & OPAM Winner!

Hello to all of you lovelies out there in blogland! I seem to be missing in action more than I'm here at the moment, but life just seems to keep getting messy. Although ... I'm hoping it will slow down at least a bit, as my Beloved Geek Boy & I are both on holidays this week & next. Weeeeeeeell ... Apart from me having to pop into work for a couple of hours Monday & an hour on Tuesday. It's nice to be irreplaceable isn't it. :0)

So far I don't seem to be making much headway on crossing anything off my "Things I Want To Get Done During My Holiday" list ... I've had my nose buried in my Kindle re-reading some fave books from Sherilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series ... OOPS! Guilty pleasure! :0) But I have managed to have a bit of a play with some fabrics I've been hoarding ... Er ... Collecting! ... For a while now ...


Some beachy blues. I'm preparing to make another of my patchwork skirts that I live in & am hoping to capture a beachy feel by using the many hues & tones of the ocean ... Green, Aqua, Teal, Blue, Navy ... You get the idea. Hopefully when I wear it I'll feel like I'm relaxing on a tropical island paradise. :0)

And just so I have some mental pictures to help with that escape, GB & I are looking forward to a week at the Sunshine Coast next week ... YAY!!! It will be our first proper holiday since before we moved three & a half years ago & we're hanging out to smell the salt breezes, hear the hum of the waves & feel sand between our toesies ... BLISS! Of course ... It will probably rain because it ALWAYS rains when we go to the beach. But we're fine with that because even if we're sitting on the balcony watching the rain ... We'll be watching it rain AT THE BEACH! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Before we go, though, I need to tell you who was the September OPAM random draw winner. As always, a big thank you to everyone who emailed their tally through to me or my GORGEOUS Partner-In-Crime Sweet Peg. Much appreciated. Congrats to ...


Email me your snail mail address Sunny & once I'm back from the beach I'll get a little surprise in the mail for you. But right now I'm off to arrange & rearrange some beachy blue squares. Hope you're all having a fantastic week ... Even if you're not at the beach! :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

 

3 comments:

Maria said...

Have the best time at the beach GB and Kris... you'll look fabulous in your beach new skirt.. oh yes nothing nice then walking along the beach on bare feet. I love it...

Was delighted to see my long time blogging friend Sunnys name pop up as last month's OPAM winner....

Fiona said...

have a good time...
Hugz

sunny said...

Yippee! Thanks to Maria for the heads up. I'm on vacation myself, and haven't been reading blogs lately. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...