Sunday 5 February 2017

I Must Be Crazy!!

Really, I do sometimes think that our unusually hot & humid summer has liquified my brains! Some of you are nodding sagely as I confirm your suspicions about my mental stability! :0)

I'll tell you why I think I must be crazy. We're in the middle of one of the longest heatwaves experienced here on top of our 'hill' in years. Now to deal with that, most people are locking themselves in with air conditioning & a good book, or lazily floating in backyard pools, but me? I spent my day off ... Slaving over a hot stove! See? Crazy! :0P

So, what did I have bubbling away on my stove, adding to the already icky-sticky heat & humidity?


A cauldron full of seconds tomatoes, onions, olive oil, herbs & Himilayan pink salt, all of which had been slow roasted in the oven for an hour & a half before being transferred to my big red pot. I love my big red pot! :0) And after another hour & a half of bubble-bubble-toil-and-trouble ...


I had jars of DELICIOUS homemade pasta sauce. This is always so yummy that it's worth steaming up the kitchen to make it. (& I confess to setting up a pedestal fan in the kitchen so I didn't dissolve into a waxy puddle!) Half the batch has been tucked away for my Beloved Geek Boy & I to enjoy on those "I don't feel like cooking" nights & half went to Mum & Dad for their pantry. It's only fair, since they found the seconds tomatoes on a recent Sunday drive. :0) Somehow, homemade pasta sauce always tastes better than the bought stuff ... & I know exactly what's in it. I often wish I had more time to cook more things 'from scratch' . Maybe when I become independently wealthy & don't have to have a grown up job. Then again, I'd probably get so caught up in sewing projects that my good intentions would go up in ... STEAM! :0)

There's also been a bit of experimental design/stitching work going on, but I want to work on it a bit more before I share. Stay tuned! :0)

And speaking of stitching ... Have you signed up to be part of the One Project A Month challenge for 2017 with me & my GORGEOUS Partner-In-Crime Sweet Peg? The idea is to try to finish at least one project every month, which gives you a minimum of 12 finishes by the end of the year. And it helps motivate us all to take some time out of our crazy busy lives to relax, create & take a bit of time to recharge our batteries. It you think you'd like to play along, check out my previous post to find out how. You've got until the end of February to add your name.

But right now, I think I'm off to chop some bacon, mushrooms & olives to add to a yummy  bottle of pasta sauce for dinner. :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS 


 




 

2 comments:

Janice said...

Your sauce looks delish but it must have been so warm in your kitchen! I should be making it because we are under a snowfall warning, 25cm by tomorrow and it's -20C. I wouldn't mind trading!!!!

Sharm said...

Yes, its how we know it's summer ...... but what I have done the past couple of years was to freeze some of my tomatoes and stone fruit and then during winter I've made up the relish and jams and enjoyed the warmth from the pots!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...