Tuesday 23 February 2016

Pillow Talk!!

HELLOOOOOOOO! How are you all this find Tuesday? I'm happy to report that although I'm not 100% recovered from my weekend "BLAH!", I AM feeling a bit better. It seems a naughty little infection has stowed aboard and I'm busily drowing it in cranberry juice and lemon juice. :0)

So, not a lot of action around here, as most of my energy seems to be going into sleeping. :0) BUT ... I DID manage a little bit of weekend sewing.

It all started when some of the YUMMY new Tilda fabrics followed me home from The Quilters Angel on Friday night when I joined my crazy stitching buddies for our Friday Night Sit N Sew. :0)

MMMMMMMMM!!!! So PRETTY!!! :0) There were lots of delicious fabrics in the latest offerings from Tilda to choose from, but these were the four that: a) matched the wall colour of our guest room; and b) I couldn't live without!! Tee! Hee! Hee! So after some measuring, head-scratching ... some more measuring and some more head-scratching!! Oops! :0) ... the result was ...

... a fuzzy-out-of-focus pretty pillow! :0) Obviously the bug I'm fighting affects my ability to take clear, focussed photos! :0) So ... now the guest bed looks like this ...

I'll be making a couple more smaller cushions with those other yummy Tilda fabrics in the future. My idea is that in summer the "Paris Flea Market" patchwork quilt can be folded 'artistically' across the bottom of the bed (tee! hee! hee!) showing the white waffle-weave doona cover, with the full size Tilda pillowcase and a scatter of pretty cushions bringing colour to the top of the bed. One day ...! :0)

Not much else happening here this week, so nice to be able to add at least one item to my OPAM finishes list. OPAMers ... are you remembering to add your finishes to your sidebar lists? Have you remembered to add a list of finishes to your sidebar?! Just checking!! :0) Hope you're all managing to spend some fun time in your sewing caves. I'm off to have a nice cup of tea while I watch Antiques Road Show ... I lead such an exciting life! Tee! Hee! Hee! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!
CHEERS!
KRIS




3 comments:

KimM said...

What fun fabrics. And I love the pillow.
Hugs

Fiona said...

so pretty Kris... .perfect fabrics for your pillow
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

So very pretty Kris. Feel better soon xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...