Tuesday 19 January 2016

Join The Conga Line!!

Have you now got an annoyingly catchy conga kinda song stuck in your head?! Yeah ... me too! :0) You see ... I've got another finish to add to my January list and I'm pretty CHUFFED! :0)

I've been showing you updates of my Combi van quilt along the way, but after a visit to my quilting fairy godmother, the Fabulous Fiona, to weave her quilting magic, my quilt is back home and bound ... it's FINISHED! :0) Would you like to see?? OK ... drum roll please ...

Ta! Da! "Combi Conga Quilt" is unveiled! :0) Don't you love the quilting Fiona has done in the outer border to make it look like those Combis are just jiggling along on a road trip? Thank you Fiona!! And I did a rainbow scrappy binding to tie all the colours together. I just love those cheerful, bright colours, don't you? When I was designing this quilt, I wanted to capture the 'feeling' that I get when I see a Combi van. It just puts out a 60's kind of vibe ... you know ... peace, love and rock n roll. :0) So I went searching for some psychedelic 60's kinds of colours to create these two-toned cuties. My brother has always said I'm a left-over hippie! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Don't you just want to jump in this cutie for a trip to the beach? Fresh air, sand between your toes and the relaxing sound of the waves rolling in ... AAAAAHHHHHH!!!

And this one makes me think of jumping in and trundling off to a folk music festival somewhere ... like Woodford, maybe.  :0) Left-over hippie, remember! Tee! Hee! Hee!

I really LOVE this quilt!! I know that like a parent isn't supposed to have a favourite child, a designer isn't really supposed to have a favourite quilt ... BUT ...! :0) Of course that DOES mean that the next thing for this left-over-hippie-designer to do is write the instructions ... GROAN!! Guess what I'll be doing on the weekend!!

And now, I find I feel like sipping a mug of herbal tea whilst listening to some flutes-and-drums music. :0) Hope you're all having a jumpin' January. OPAMers and potential OPAMers ... Sweet Peg and I will be announcing the sign up for OPAM 2016 next week, so stay tuned. :0) The kettle is calling my name ...! :0) Til next time ...

PEACEFUL BEAR HUGS!!

CHEERS!
KRIS




4 comments:

Maria said...

Oh just love the Combi Conga... Lovely quilting Fiona....
Look forward to joining up to OPAM.

Fiona said...

oh its the happiest hippie quilt I have seen... i love it too....
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

looks great Kris........

Susan said...

Love it - and love the fabric on the bottom of the first combi -

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...