Friday 15 January 2016

I Need More Holidays!!

Well ... I have come to the conclusion that I really need more holidays, cos not only did I get quite a lot of sewing done DURING my break, I seem to be carrying my momentum forward even though I'm now back at my 'grown up' job. WOO! HOO! I might actually cross some things of my "To Do" list this year. :0)

Now ... last time I showed you that I had made progress with a three year old WISP ...

Well, this week, I've been working on it some more and it now looks like this ...

Ta! Da! Yep ... the top is FINISHED! It was fun to play with some pretty pastel shabby chic/cottage fabrics with this one and I love how the stitcheries look against the pretty fabrics ...

... a ladybird, flower, bee, dragonfly ...

... butterfly, rose, bee ... all sorts of garden critters. :0) So ... another one for the Fabulous Fiona to work her quilting magic on for me. And since I had an extra pair of stitcheries that didn't fit into the quilt layout that I eventually went with, I decided this new quilt needed a matching ...

... Cushion! Even though this project was kind of an afterthought, I LOVE how it's come up! I have a little confessions though ... in this pic it isn't QUITE finished. See the puff at the bottom left edge? That's the opening not stitched up yet cos I ran out of toy fill ... how frustrating! Thankfully, The Marvellous Marion came to my rescue when I popped into the Quilters Angel yesterday, so it's now stuffed and just waiting for that opening to be stitched closed. :0) I was just so excited to be showing you all that my sewing mojo seems to be sticking around that I couldn't wait to share! :0)

And since it's the end of the week (YAY!) I've got a weekend stretching before me to do some housey chores (BOO!!), write some instructions (GROAN!) and do some more sewing (YAY!!!!)  I hope you've all had a great week and that in amongst your "BOO's" and "GROANs" your weekend includes lots of "YAYs"! :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!
CHEERS!
KRIS





4 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Keep the momentum going.... This quilt is lovely. ...... We all need more holidays.. ..

Maria said...

Woo Hoo! Fabulous finishes... How cute to have a cushion to match the quilt...
Have. Lovely relaxing stitching weekend.

Narelle said...

Love it when a WISP graduates to a TOP :o)
Sweet cushion to match your gorgeous quilt.
My YAY for the day is a cool change (no melting today!)

Fiona said...

I love them both... great projects Kris...
Hugz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...