Thursday 24 September 2015

Paddling Like Crazy!!

HELLOOOOOOOO!!! Is there anyone out there?!?! You're probably wondering if I'M still here. Well ... yes ... but I'm feeling a bit like a duck on a pond ... all calm on the surface, but paddling like crazy under the water  ... and just a wee bit afraid that if I stop paddling, I'm going to SINK! :0)

The last three weeks have been crazy-busy here at the Meares' Madhouse ... and just plain CRAZY a lot of the time too! :0) In THEORY, I've been on holidays for the last two weeks, but I actually took time off my grown-up job to cope with what I knew would be a crazy-busy month. I think I need a holiday to recover from my holiday ... but there's been lots of fun in there too! :0)

If I put everything into one post Chookyblue's brain might explode! Tee! Hee! Hee! So I'll give you the first installment. The first fun event was the annual Stitchers' Dream Day Out hosted my the Marvelous Marion and the Stupendous Steph of the Quilters Angel. The Fabulous Fiona joined me to help Marion and Steph with the set up of the venue ... cos we're chair-ribbon-tiers-extraordinaire! :0)

Here's Fiona in action. Smile!! :0)

TA! DA! Here's the hall all set up ready for the almost 200 ladies to pour into the venue ready to stitch. This year was the 10th Stitchers' Dream Day Out event ... so of course there was ...

... a BIRTHDAY CAKE! :0) Isn't this GORGEOUS!!!! And unlike a lot of decorated cakes that can be dry and tough to eat, this cake was light and moist and just plain DELICIOUS!! Don't you love the teapots ... and the needle and thread ... and the cupcake ... and flowers ... it's like an icing applique quilt. :0)

This year's guest designers were Bronwyn Hayes (one of my stitching heroes!!) and the lovely Julie Lovell. Their brand new designs just for the weekend were SUPERB! Wanna see????

Bronwyn's first design ... a cute and handy sewing bag with faux crazy patch on the front to practice your different embroidery stitches ... and refer back to if you have a MOMENT! :0)

Bronwyn's second project, a bright fold out bag to take on your sewing days out.

Julie's first project was a teapot cozy and the cutest mini-bunting.

And Julie's second project was some sweet teddies ready for their teddy bear's picnic, complete with picnic rug.

We were spoilt for choice with these gorgeous projects!! :0) And who was there, I hear you ask ... stay tuned for the next installment ... I can hear Chookyblue's eyes starting to roll back in her head if I write any more on this post! Tee! Hee! Hee! Back soon ... promise!! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS







5 comments:

Maria said...

No wonder you had to take holidays if this was just the start...
The hall looked fabulous and what a lot of beautiful projects to make....

Raewyn said...

Well worth taking holidays to help with things like this - it sounds like a lot of work to set up but so much fun, I bet! Love those projects.

Chookyblue...... said...

Sounds like a good time..... I've started to sink...... The paddling hasn't been enough....

Melody said...

Lucky ducks, it sounds fabulous

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a fabulous time, I'm sorry I missed it. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...