... I'm sitting here wondering where the heck the year went!! It's been a super-busy year, it seems, and like most people, as the year ends I can't help but think of the things I 'meant to do' this year ... and didn't! OOPS! I don't make New Years' resolutions, but each year I do try to set myself some goals to focus on during the coming year. This year, I've decided to share a few of those goals with you ... most are pretty simple, really ... in fact ... you might even set a few of these goals for yourself.
1. Tell the people I love how very much I appreciate them ... say the words, even if it's just to finish off a simple phone chat. You just never know what's around the corner and how wonderful to be assured that the last words your loved ones heard from you were ... "I Love You!"
2. Collect Hugs! Now ... being built like one of my teddy bears ... short and podgy!! ... I'm the perfect shape for hugs! :0) I used to hug a lot more than I do, before moving to a couple of places where hugging was restricted to family members and you got odd looks if you hugged too many others. I'm trying to re-teach myself to give and receive hugs more ... I will practice this in 2014 ... nice homework! :0)
3. Make more time to spend with family and friends. We're all busy and it's too easy to say ... "we must get together ... some time". I need to schedule more play dates because scheduling them in will make sure I MAKE time to enjoy the company of those who are important to me.
4. Make more time to create. I'm not very good at time management ... just ask my Mum! Tee! Hee! Hee! As a result, I often think I could spend more time creating ... if only I got a bit more organised! I think I need to take some tips from my uber-organised blogging buddy Kerryanne. :0) Then maybe I'll set a better example for the OPAM gals! :0)
5. Make more of an effort to eat healthier. I KNOW I feel better when I do this, but ... well ... it's that whole time management thing! :0)
6. Take time to stop and count my MANY, MANY, MANY blessings! :0)
I'm sure there will be some other goals to add to my list as I go through the year, but this is my starting point. So ... we'll see how I go with working towards those goals. Are you making any New Years' resolutions? Do any of your goals overlap with mine? Whatever you're planning as you head into the new adventure of 2014, I'd like to leave you with an old Irish Blessing that I found recently as my New Years' wish to you, all my blogging buddies.
May love & laughter light your days,
And warm your heart & home;
May good & faithful friends be yours,
Wherever you may roam;
May peace & plenty bless your world,
With joy that long endures;
May all life's passing seasons,
Bring the best to you & yours.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Til next time ...
BIG SQUOOSHY BEAR HUGS!
(see ... practicing number 2 goal already!!)