Friday 3 May 2013

Blessings Galore!!

OOPS! I didn't get back yesterday to post my,

TREAT

TREASURE

BLESSING

or

MINI-MIRACLE

... but I have a really good reason!! Actually ... my BLESSING for yesterday WAS the reason I didn't get back here to share with you. Confused?? Most of the time, so am I! Tee! Hee! Hee! You see, yesterday's blessing ... that I don't have a photo of ... was a STORM. Now, it wasn't a nasty blow-down-trees, knock-down-power-lines kind of storm ... it was a short showery one, with just enough rain falling to water my vege patch for me. Wasn't that thoughtful?? :0) But ... I didn't want to turn my computer on with thunder and lightning about, so I didn't get to blog about it yesterday.

I do, however, have today's BLESSING to share with you ... TWO in fact ... Do you believe you have angels in your life? I do ... in so many ways! :0) But I happen to have a few QUILTING ANGELS in my life too and today was our monthly get-together. Not all of us were able to gather, but look who WAS there ...

... Beautiful Bev and Fabulous Fiona! :0) We had a lovely time of chatting and creating together, as we always do when we gather. I met these gorgeous ladies in January 2011 after our local area had been devastated by floods. Marion and Steph opened up their shop's workroom for volunteers to come and make quilts to be given to flood victims, many of whom had lost everything they owned, including their homes. The quilts were our own small way of reminding people affected by the floods that they were thought of and cared for. 

When we first started working on the flood quilts, there was quite a large group of people involved, but as the weeks went by, numbers dwindled, until we were left with a core group of about 8-10 stitchers/quilters. Thanks to Marion's co-ordination, we gave out more than 250 quilts (I think it's a lot more than that, but I've lost track of the tally!!) and met some wonderful people who were surprised and grateful for their quilty gift. 

After the immediate need passed, a few of us decided we'd like to continue to get together to stitch and chat. I feel so very blessed to count these talented, generous ladies as my friends ... see ... I am friends with ANGELS! Tee! Hee! Hee! So today's BLESSINGS are my Quilting Angel friends. Thanks for adding to the richness of my life's quilt, ladies!!!

OK ... now I'd better skedaddle and get ready. I have a weekend stitching retreat to prepare for. Can you guess what tomorrow's TREAT, TREASURE, BLESSING, or MINI-MIRACLE will be tomorrow?! :0) Hope your week has been fantastic and that your weekend includes some time to kick-back-and-relax time. Til next time ...

ANGEL BEAR HUGS!!

CHEERS!
KRIS

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a lovely pic Kris and i love Fiona's new look.xx

Maria said...

You are sew lucky to have these Quilting Angels in your life...

Fiona said...

Bev and I say we are the lucky ones to have you in our lives... was a lovely day... looking forward to the next one....
Hope you have a fabulous weekend!!
Hugz

Marilyn said...

Sounds like a wonderful blessing to spend the day with such lovely friends. Great pic of them too. Fiona is such a wonderful and special friend, and Bev looks like she is too though I havent met her yet. Your stitching day would be super fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...