Thursday 23 December 2010

OPAM 2011!!!

Australia Post has been busily delivering lots of parcels all around Australia (a few overseas ones may take a bit longer to arrive!!) on my behalf to be enjoyed by my fabulous friends and I've been DYING to show you a photo of the latest arrival ... to my blogging buddy Kerryanne at Shabby Art Boutique. Now, Kerryanne's birthday fell during a period of the year when I was snowed under with deadlines, so I didn't get her giftie to her in time ... slack friend that I am! :0) But that got me thinking and I decided to send a double whammy for Christmas/Birthday. Her nervous-Nelly postman (the 'attack' dog was on duty! Tee! Hee! Hee!) delivered her parcel yesterday, so now I can show you what I sent off to her ...

A very LOOOOOOOONG table runner for her dining room table and some matching placemats, all in the beachy/nautical colours that I know Kerryanne has been decorating their beach cottage with. I did cheat a little ... I bought the placemats and runner. I fell in love with the gorgeous cornflower blue shade of the stripes and decided I'd never find fabric as pretty to make them myself ... then I added a few hand-appliqued nautical touches.

HOIST THE ANCHOR! SET THE SAILS!
SCRUB THE DECK! SECURE THE MAINSAIL! 

OK ... have run out of nautical-isms now! Tee! Hee! Hee! I'm hoping that Kerryanne and her family enjoy many cosy meals at their table, enjoying a little something from me. :0) AND ... it means a couple more finishes to add to my OPAM list for December! YAY!! A total of 14 finishes for me ... so far!! ... for a month! I think it's my new record! :0) I do have a couple more gifties that aren't quite finished that I may get done in time, but tomorrow is Christmas cooking day, so I may have to give some "IOU's" for these last couple of gifts ... will see how I go!

And speaking of OPAM ...

YES! OPAM ...
(or for the uninitiated ... One Project A Month ...)
will be happening again in 2011!!

Lots of you OPAMers have been asking Peg and I whether OPAM will be running again next year, so I thought I'd let you know that it WILL be ... but we'll be starting a little later than the last two years. The Fabulous Super Stitcher, Peg, will join me again to co-host OPAM 2011 ... we've had so much fun this year, that we both wanted to spin the wheel again! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Peg and I will both be letting you know more about the guidelines etc for OPAM 2011 in the New Year, but I just wanted to say YES it's happening ... BUT (there's always a "But" isn't there! :0) This is only a small "But"!!) sign up won't be opened until towards the END of January 2011. Peg and I decided we'd like a few weeks to do a little bit of sewing etc for ourselves before we dive back into OPAM. So ... STAY TUNED ... for more details in the New Year.

But we haven't QUITE finished this year yet ... so ... you have until December 31 to add finishes to your sidebar lists to be counted this month. It's my turn to do the random draw and I'll be doing that a few days after New Year's day ... gotta allow some extra time for all the party fare to digest, right! Tee! Hee! Hee! And I'll apologise beforehand if I don't return emails very promptly for a couple of weeks. We're coming and going, visitors are coming and going and the Meares' Madhouse is likely to be even MADDER than usual, so I may not have the uninterrupted time to sit at the computer ... but I might pop in with some photos somewhere along the line! :0)

Right now, though, I'm off to dig out my Christmas cooking recipes to make sure I've got all the ingredients I need for my cooking marathon tomorrow ... perhaps I'll have a cup of my Christmas Tea while I look into that! Tee! Hee! Hee! Only TWO sleeps to go! :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!
CHEERS!
KRIS

PS. The Lovely Lilly Linda solved the mystery of "Guess That Smell!" that I was telling you about last post ... it was CINNAMON BUNS! We were on the right track and whatever it's called, the room/linen spray smells DELICIOUS!!! Tee! Hee! Hee! BH! KRIS

5 comments:

May Britt said...

Want to report that for december I have 17 finishes :) Yohooooo.
That makes 51 finishes this year. Double yooooooo!!!

Wish you and your family a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Maria said...

Beautiful gifties for your friend. Will look great ina beach cottage.

I can post all my finishes after christmas as some are secret gifts. LOL

Glad we are doing OPAM again next year and both peg and you need a few weeks rest.
Thank you both for all your work through the year.
Now enjoy your cooking and family.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Yahoooooooooooooooooo!!!
Doing back flips here - LOL. If you guys haven't guessed already, my name is 'Kerryanne' and I have the nervous postman who delivered a spectacular birthday/Christmas giftie from the delightful Kris. I bet you are all green with envy.... too bad. It's mine,all mine and I LOVE it!! [giggle].
Thanks again Kris - it is so ME.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Kris,
Yep, I think Kerryanne's gift was a hugh hit. Just gorgeous!
Wishing you Mr G a Very Merry Christmas and happy, healthy, fun filled, creative year in 2011
Merry hugs,
Anna

Comfort Cove Designs said...

oooh can't wait to join the OPAM again this coming year!!! Now that my baby is born and I'm on the mend health wise (long story.. as you will read on my blog) its been a rough year needless to say.

I am still on maternity leave from work for another 4 months, possibly 5, so I know I can get cracking on some projects!!! William is 8 months today, so he is more manageable to sit in his play pen to entertain himself while Mummy gets to SEW SEW SEW!!!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...