Monday 29 November 2010

Tiffy's Party Pics!

Life in the Meares' Madhouse has been ... well ... a little MAD this week ... madder than usual! Tee! Hee! Hee! Just as I was starting to get over my nasty head cold, my poor Beloved Geek Boy started coming down with it and has spent the weekend sleeping it off. Oops! Apparently I SHARED! :0) As a result of all the sneezing, snuffling and coughing, I'm running about a week behind, so I thought I really should share a few photos of Tiffy's 21st party with you ... before she turns 22! :0)

Firstly ... a big THANK YOU to all of you lovelies who sent Tiffy birthday wishes. She was a little bemused by people she didn't know wishing her Happy Birthday ... but said thank you very much for your kindness and birthday wishes. :0)

Now ... the party preparations got off to a bit of a rocky ... errr ... SOGGY start! You see, the plan was to have the party in Mum and Dad's front yard, which had been tidied, mowed, had the fence painted etc. in preparation for the event. Then ... it rained. And rained ... and RAINED! Uh oh!! Quick re-think of venue and decorations. Mum and Dad have a double story house with garage, laundry, rumpus room etc. underneath, so this was dubbed "Party Central". But it was a bit boring looking and Tiffy was pretty disappointed, so we had to get creative to make it more inviting.

So ... we hung some bunting and fairy lights, scattered a few pretty candles on the tables and VOILA! ...

Not a great pic, but do you know how hard it is to take photos of fairy lights?!?! :0) Next, we added some burning torches at the roller door entry ... but I forgot to take photos - oops! Then we created a little corner of serenity to welcome guests ...


Another challenge I discovered ... how hard it is to take photos of fairy lights that are BLINKING! Took a few goes, but I got them glowing! :0) The water was trickling out of the top of the ball and running over the surface to trickle into the bowl, making a very soothing sound and some of Mum's growing collection of potplants were brought in to add some lush green colour. Now since it was a birthday party, we needed a birthday CAKE ...


A stand of YUMMY chocolate and white-choc-mud cupcakes with a candle on top served the purpose ... and tasted DELICIOUS!! I'm not telling you how many of those white chocolate cuppies I ate! Tee! Hee! Hee! Next, we needed to feed the guests, so we needed some champion chefs to cook up a gourmet storm ...


What we ACTUALLY got was three blokes manning the barbie! Tee! Hee! Hee! Dad pretending to be helping, family friend Doug and of course my beloved GB. (wonder what was so interesting about those sausages that he wouldn't look up and smile?!?! Tee! Hee! Hee!) Add some friends ...


There's Tiffy second from the left surrounded by some of her friends. Yep ... it was official ... we had a PARTY!! It was a lovely night for Tiffy to catch up with friends and her parents were even able to attend, which was a surprise, as they had been living interstate and just decided to move back to QLD ... in time for Tiffy's 21st! :0) Here are a few more pics ...


Tiffy with her cake. Don't you love her skirt!!


Here's Tiffy with her quilt - which she loved! And she even remembered to call it a 'quilt' not a 'blanket'! Tee! Hee! Hee! She loved the bright colours (which was good, since she'd actually chosen the fabrics months ago!) and she especially loved the butterflies and was last seen trying to work out if there were any two butterflies the same. :0)


And here's a nice photo of Mum's friend Karen and Mum. Mum was chief organiser and caterer for Tiffy's party - my 40th earlier in the year was a practice run! Tee! Hee! Hee! My Mum amazes me with her ability to get things done and fit extra jobs into her already hectic schedule. She and Dad make me so proud to be their daughter when I think of all the people they've 'adopted' over the years and all the lives they've touched. And I know that Tiffy (as my sort-of-sister!) will agree when I say a big ...

THANKS MUM!!!

So there you have it, a quick wrap up of Tiffy's party ... even if it is a bit late coming. Have had a busy crafting weekend, but since my poor eyeballs are currently hanging three inches out of their sockets, I'll have to tell you about that another day, cos I'm off to have a shower and hit the pillow ..... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!! Hope you've all had a fabulous weekend that included some catch-up with friends or family and some creating time - the perfect weekend, really! :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!
CHEERS!
KRIS

2 comments:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Some people are just meant to be party organsiers. I love doing the party organsing too, but usually forget to delegate and miss most of the party. I hope your mum got to enjoy the night with Tiff too.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Crowing Moon said...

Looks like a great party. Everyone smiling and happy. Tiffy's quilt turned out gorgeous...and that cupcake tower looks pretty and YUMMO!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...