Thursday 27 May 2010

Been Busy Stitching!!

Oh dear!! The week has whizzed by me once again ... it's Thursday afternoon and I'm SURE I only just had one of those! :0) I really think Dr Who should be called in to investigate the time-thief who is obviously lurking in my neighbourhood. That sounds so much better than, "I seem to have lost track of time." Don't you think?!?! Tee! Hee! Hee!

However, all is not lost! I DO have something I can show you. I've been teasing you for a while with this photo of the baby quilt I've designed for my brother and his wife ... well ... for their due-next-month baby, anyways!


And I also told you I've been working on some appliqué with this panel as the background. Well ... the top of this quilt is now COMPLETE!!! YAY!! I shall be toodling out to see the quilting magician, Rosalie, tomorrow to wave her magic wand ... well ... quilting machine. :0) Oh ... what was that?? You want to SEE the finished top? Well ... I suppose I've been teasing you all for so long that you deserve to see what's kept me busy. Here goes ...


Ta Da! So ... what do you think?? You KNEW there's be some mischievous little bears involved, didn't you! As you can see, these little bears are all ready for bed in nighty, nightshirts and night caps, but they've STILL managed to find some mischief to get themselves into! One little bear is just 'hanging around' on the tip of a crescent moon, while his brother and sister are on hand with a blanket 'net' to catch him in case he falls. Oh dear! Naughty little bears! Of course, I was a complete ANGEL as a child and would NEVER have got into mischief! Just don't ask my mother to confirm that story! Tee! Hee! Hee!

The working name I gave to this quilt is "Moon Dance", but now I'm not sure whether it suits - what do you think? Should I keep it as "Moon Dance" or do you have some other suggestions for me?? Would love to hear from my blogging buddies. And I DO hope this is a good enough excuse for being a bit quiet on the blogging front over the last few weeks. :0) While this quilt is destined for Alice Springs to keep my future nephew/niece cosy and warm, I will be writing it up to release as a pattern, so if you have a mischievous little bear who needs a quilt ... STAY TUNED! :0)

Oh ... I must apologise for not sharing my vege patch update photo this Monday. No, I didn't just forget ... really!! It's just been really icky, overcast, drizzly, gale-force-winds kind of weather here all this week and really not the best photo-taking conditions, so we'll have to skip this week and I PROMISE to post a photo next Monday for you vege fans.

Our weather this week on top of the 'hill' has certainly been warning us that autumn is coming to an end. I may not like the colder weather, but I DO enjoy the vivid colours of autumn ... rusty browns, golden yellows, rich reds ... so I have been enjoying the leaf displays of some of the lovely trees in the grounds of the retirement village where I work. I'm watching one tree in particular as it's leaves change ... OK, I'm not actually sitting there WATCHING the leaves change, cos that would be boring! ... I check on it each day as I arrive at work!!! It's leaves are turning a gorgeous deep red/maroon colour so I thought I'd try to get some photos to share the fabulous colours with you.


I don't know that this photo quite captures the colours ... that funny icky weather again ... so I'll try to get another shot next week ... providing the leaves don't all get ahead of me and fall over the weekend! I've had that happen to me before! Tee! Hee! Hee!

OH!!!! I almost forgot!! Those of you with access to "Handmade" magazine will see a familar face in the very first article in the new issue. Yes, yours truly has been featured in the "Inspirations" feature, so if you find yourself a copy, you'll be able to read all of my secrets!! :0) OK, so maybe no deep dark secrets are revealed, but Angela who wrote the piece from about 10 pages of questions and answers that I sent off to her, has done a lovely job - check it out! :0)

And now, I'm off to make myself a cup of tea and enjoy a little break before I start some new stitching ... there's certainly NO shortage of projects on the "To Do" list, but I think I'll be choosing from the "MUST do" list first! :0) Hope you're all having a lovely week and enjoying the changing of the seasons, whichever half of the world you're in! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!
CHEERS!
KRIS

11 comments:

Maria said...

Gorgeous the little quilt and I am sure it will be much loved.

Maybe "Swinging on the Moon" is a good name??

Yes I also love the changing of the leaves at this time of year.

Bearly Sane said...

I love the applique work Kris ... and I am not at all surprised they are bears. I wonder why?? LOL!

You may have lost a week I think I have lost a whole month, maybe even two or three!

I thought when I retired I would have all the time in the world to do what I wanted, but it is not so. I am busier now than I ever was raising kids and working!

Will pick up a copy of Handmade especially ... love reading profiles of beary people.

Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Bearly Sane

Mistea said...

Lucky new little person - enjoying the creation of a talented aunt!

Beautiful quilt, colours and design are perfect.

Beeeme! said...

"Swinging on a Star" would be my name for the design! And I want one, it's great.

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Kris,
Oh, the "Moon Dance" quilt is fabulous. I can hear what an exciting Aunty you're going to be!
Great OPAM for you this month.

Ah, yes, Lovely to read all your secrets and crafty ways in Handmade and your Bears are gorgeous.
Happy sewing,
Hugs,
Anna

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Oh That quilt looks gorgeous.
So special and personalised.
Moon dancer is good .....Other suggestions...Hmmmmm
"beary goodnight"
Beary cheeky"....???? mABEY STICK WITH MOON DANCER!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

It tuned out lovely Kris - you should be very proud of such a lovely design. I like the name Moon Dance too.

I hope I find the time this wekend to put the finishing touches on my one and only sewing project this month or I am going to have nothing for OPAM again!! I'll be struck off the list with shame [giggle].

Lovely photo of the autumn tree.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

RebeccaMom said...

I just love the quilt and the bright colors! Great job :)

Crowing Moon said...

Very cute Well done!

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

Moondance sounds and looks pretty darn good to me!
The weks are speeding by pretty quickly indeed!!! Ski season upon us in a few weeks - YAY!!

Elizabeth said...

Kris, that quilt turned out absolutely adorable. I love, love, love the colors and the bears are so mischievous! The large rick-rack is an awesome touch! You asked for a name suggestion, so what about 'Goodnight Moon'? Just a suggestions -- I'm not very clever with the names.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...