Sunday 21 September 2008

Almost Forgot!!

Oh Dear! In all the rushing, bustle, packing, comings and goings of the last few days, I almost forgot to show you a surprise parcel that arrived from the USA this week from my blogging buddy Carin from Conceived Without Regard For Reason Or Reality, (Phew! That's a mouthful!!) Carin and I 'met' by visiting each other's blogs and we've blogged, emailed and I've sent her a couple of little surprise gifts and we've discovered a similar warped sense of humour - look out world! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Now, a couple of weeks ago, I got a cryptic little email from Carin telling me to start stalking my postie. (I think the poor man already lives in fear of having to stop at our yellow picket fence!!) Well, I actually missed seeing him deliver this box on Friday ...


Oooooohh! What could it be? Well, it was ...


A box of goodies!! I've mentioned a few times during my winter posts that hot chocolate is one of my fave ways to warm up and Carin sent me a tin our HER fave hot choc mix - peppermint candy cane hot choc - YUMMO! Hmmm suddenly I want it to be cool again so I have an excuse to have hot chocolate - oh wait, who NEEDS an excuse! Tee! Hee! She also sent some of her fave herbal bed time tea, but obviously the officers at the Australian Customs office have been having trouble sleeping, because they kept the tea! There were also two fun craft patterns - one will match wonderfully with the two stitchery panels Inger Lise sent me in her recent Bag Swap package and the other is a cute teddy bear!! COOL! And "uh oh!" as I add two more projects to my "To Do" list!! Tee! Hee! Hee! But wait ... there's more! Carin also included some American candy. She said, "I wanted you to know I think you are a 'Sweettart', not an 'Airhead' at all and one 'Hot Tamale'!!" Thanks Carin! And the candy was yummy too! Tee! Hee! Hee! In fact I think I could become addicted to the Hot Tamales - I loooooooove cinnamon flavoured candy and there just isn't a lot of it available in Australia.

What a fun mail that was - thanks so much for the lucky dip parcel Carin - it certainly brought a smile to my dial - and a little heat to my tongue when I was munching on those Hot Tamales! Tee! Hee! Hee! Blogging is not only lots of fun - I've met such wonderful, interesting and talented people and now have 'blogging buddies' all over the world, without ever having to have a horrible photo taken for my passport! :0)

Anyways, I've got a busy morning ahead of me tomorrow, packing three quarters of our household to take on holidays with us - why is it that you need to pack almost as much stuff for two weeks holiday as you would for two months?!?! Hope you all have a fantastic week - next time I check in, it will be from sunny Bargara! Til then - Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

5 comments:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Wow...what a great surprise!!!
Lucky it arrived before you left for your holiday.

There's plenty to keep your fingers busy stitchin' during your break. I see the lollies (candy) didn't make it to the suitcase...LOL
Have a great time.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Carin said...

I hope the customs guys enjoy the tea ;O)
I will have to remember you like cinnamon candy, I am always on the look out for it becuase my DH loves it too.

Lyn said...

Hi Kris, I agree with your comments.Blogging is a lot of fun and it is great to have buddies all over the world, without leaving your chair.Regards Lyn

Bek said...

I seem like ages since I last poped over to your bog. you have been a busy little bee.

Enjoy the hot choccy.

Bek

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hi Kris....me again.
Hope you are enjoying the holiday.
I have tagged you today so pop on over to my blog for details.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...