Friday 4 April 2008

Tagged again!!

Oh dear! I must be slowing down in my old (??) age, because I've been tagged AGAIN!!! Hmmm, wait, I never WAS very good at avoiding being tagged and age had nothing to do with it! Tee! Hee! Hee! My blogging buddy, Linda of Many Things To Do and blingy birdhouse fame (check out the cool white birdhouse she entered in a recent challenge!!!) was one of the seven people I tagged for the "7 weird/random facts" list recently. She agreed to play but tagged me in return with a "6 Word Meme" tag. Hmmmm, not ENTIRELY sure what is required, but will give it a shot. The rules apparently are:

1. Write your own six (6) word memoir.
2. Post it on your blog with a visual illustration, if you like.
3. Link to the person who tagged you in your post and to the original post if possible, so we can track it as it travels through the blogosphere.
4. Tag 5 more blogs with links.
5. Remember to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.

So, my six words are:

"These three remain: Faith, Hope, Love."




It's from one of my fave Bible passages, 1 Cor:13, the "Love" chapter, that is often read at weddings - and also funerals!! It goes on a little more and ends with, "but the greatest of these, is Love." I think I like it because it kind of encapsulates what life should be about. If these three things are built into your life's foundation, you've got a strong basis for everything else. And in a world where the nightly news seems to reflect nothing but negative emotions like rage and hate, it's comforting to think that these three things endure - and that despite all evidence to the contrary, the greatest of these is LOVE!

OK, that's my little spiel. I'm not sure who to tag next, so will hold that in reserve for now.

As well as tagging me this week, Linda also adopted one of my shabby chic "bearbies" - Belle. She hitched a lift with Australia Post (taking a Kit Kat with her as a snack for the long trip!) to arrive at Linda's home yesterday, where she promptly made herself at home amongst Linda's china collection. She will help Linda even up the boy:girl odds in her predominantly male household! Tee! Hee! Hee! It's nice to know my "bearbies" are going to loving homes!

Oh! Before I sign off, the lovely Laura of Lilly Cottage has also posted her 7 weird/random factoids from where I tagged her - thanks for playing Laura!! Not only do you get to find out strange facts about Laura, you get to have a peek at a photo of her cute puppy and her gorgeous daughter!

Anyways, I think it's time to head for bed - with a wheat pack! My shoulder is telling me I've spent too long at the computer and sewing machine this week and has tightened terribly on me today. I spent a lot of time looking like the hunchback of Notre Dame trying to balance the heated wheat pack on my shoulder to ease the cramping - "The Bells, the Bells!!!" Tee! Hee! Hee! Hope you have a great weekend, whatever you're doing and if you'd like to be tagged for the meme challenge, leave me a message and I'll tag you. Hmmm, maybe I could've done better at tag as a kid if I'd waited for people to TELL me they wanted to be tagged .... maybe not!!! Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...