Wednesday 2 April 2008

Old dogs CAN learn new tricks!

Yes folks, contrary to the old saying, I believe you CAN teach old dogs new tricks! I came to this conclusion this morning when I very cleverly (I thought!) managed to add a new bear to the Tag Along Teddies Adoption Agency page of my web site - ALL BY MYSELF!!! Yay! My beloved Geek Boy would be proud - and just a litle relieved that there's at least SOME part of the web site that I can be responsible for! Tee! Hee! Hee! And what did I add, or more accurately 'who'? Another shabby chic bear called Belle. Take a look.


She reminded me of the little music box dancer in a jewelry box - isn't she pretty! I do like the green/pink combo of colours. It's a little hard to see in the photo, but the fabric has a white background with very fine pink check lines through it with the little pink and green roses scattered in some of the squares. The lines of the pink check have a pretty sheen to them that caught my eye in the patchwork shop - even though I'm a confirmed 'non-pink' person! Belle is now waiting for someone to adopt her to a good home.

Actually, the other 'new trick' I've finally got the hang of (after many explanations and tearing-out-hair sessions with Scott!!) is inserting the links on my blog posts - YAY! Previously, I'd write my posts and get Geek Boy to come along behind me and insert the links, but I'm getting pretty practiced at it now! So far I haven't managed to send anyone off to a site that features very different 'teddies' to the ones I make! Tee! Hee! Hee!

And speaking of 'dogs' and 'tricks' ... I said in my last post that our newly adopted dog, Lilly was supposed to be 'my dog' - according to Scott. Well ... does this look like 'my dog' to you???


I don't THINK so!! It turns out, that in her previous home, Lilly was home alone most of the day while her owners both went to work, but when they were home, it was Scott's workmate, not his wife, who Lilly spent time with. Apparently, after dinner, she would be encouraged to do a trick for a doggy treat and would then curl up on his lap to snooze while he watched TV. So ... guess who she waits to spend time with here?? SIGH! I can handle rejection - I think I'll get myself a budgie to chat to!!! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Anyways, I'm off to eat worms - you know that old song, "Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, I think I'll go eat some worms..." Tee! Hee! Hee! Hope you're having a worm-free day! Til next time, Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

3 comments:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Congratulations Kris on the adoption of a new 'furry child'. Lilly looks like a sweetie and I'm sure she will be very happy in her new home with you and Scott. One of the positives is, she is already house trained and hopefully over the worst of naughty puppy antics...lol

Love your new adoption bears too. they are going to make their new owners very happy.
Until later,
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Linda said...

Hi Kris,
I just tagged you, Ha got you back. I have finally gotten around to listing my 7 weird and random facts. Also the quote if you have not got it yet is from a movie with lots of fast cars in it. Oh and Lilly looks like a real little cutie, congrates on the adoption. Can't wait to meet Belle.
Cheers for now,
Linda

Linda said...

Hi Kris,
Just thought that I would let you know that Belle arrived savely. I found her on our doorstep this morning. She must of arrived yesterday when I was out. Luckly we have a large front verandah. She has decided to find a home amongst my bone china. Thank you so much she is such a cutie, my boys think that you are very clever to make it, (so do I).
Hope you have a great weekend.
Cheers Linda
(P.S. I have to hide the Kitkat before someone else finds it.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...