Saturday 5 April 2008

Itchin' to be stitchin' ...

Do you know what the best thing about the beginning of a new month rolling around is? The new BOM block from Lynette Anderson is available! YAY! I've been "itchin' to get stitchin'" the next block since I finished LAST month's - and I had to wait a WHOLE MONTH! Ask Scott - I'm not very patient when it comes to waiting for good things! Tee! Hee! Hee

So, you can imagine how excited I was yesterday when I popped in to catch up on Lynette's blog comings and goings to find the new block in her free, downloadable BOM pattern was up and it was ... Noah's Dove! Oh dear! There went my plans for the day to discipline myself to sit down and write instructions to my two latest patterns! This was MUCH more fun!! Tee! Hee! Hee! I wasted no time downloading my new block, traced the design and got stitching. Here is the result ...


It's a little hard to see the dove as it's stitched in ecru on a brown background, so I took another, slightly closer photo.


Hmm ... not sure that's much clearer (it looked clearer when I was playing with it in PhotoShop!!), but if you want a better view of this cute dove, visit Lynette's blog and after you enjoy drooling over the photo of HER block, click on the BOM icon at the bottom of the left hand column of her main page and get stitching on your own - I expect LOTS of people to be telling me I helped get them hooked! Tee! Hee! Hee! Isn't Lynette just so generous to be sharing her wonderful stitchery BOM with us!!! THANKS LYNETTE!!!

Anyways, my beloved Geek Boy says he's taking me somewhere as a surprise this afternoon, so I'd best go get organised - will report back on our secret destination next post!! Have a fantastic weekend and don't forget to visit Lynette Anderson Designs!!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Kris,
Oh how I wish I could sew. I love flipping through stichery magizines drooling over the wonderful treasures inside, but I don't have the patience for it and not to mention it can be downright dangerous. Isn't strange how I find a sewing needle dangerous yet I won't even think twice about using an electric saw which could easily take someones arm off. Anyway loved your meme it is so true, love what would we do without it. Oh and you are warm with the quote.
Hope you have a lovely weekend can't wait to see where your hubby took you.
Cheers Linda

Carin said...

Beautiful job on your dove! I love it.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hi Kris,
Hope you and Scott enjoyed your surprise outing...hhmmm where could it be?

Love your latest quilt block. Now that you finished it so quickly you will have to wait another month until the next one is released.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...