Saturday 29 March 2008

An 'A, B, C' day!

I've had an 'A, B, C' day today!! No, I haven't regressed to my Sesame Street or Playschool mentality (tho some would argue I've never left them!!) I had A - "A morning free of appointments and committments"; B - "Buddies to share it with"; and C - "Cake and Coffee"!! My dancing buddy, Lynda, has her birthday exactly two weeks after mine, so we usually have two coffee shop lunches a fortnight apart to celebrate. However, with my birthday falling so close to Easter and hers falling so close to the school holidays, not to mention Deb, the third member of our belly dancing trio, has been kept out of the social loop with a training course - the Triple Trouble Trio hasn't had a chance to catch up and probably won't in the coming weeks. So ... we grabbed onto this morning where all three of us were free and we hit the Coffee Club!

Deb and I were very organised and had bought Lynda's pressie in the post-Christmas sales. Of course, Deb then had a job to keep me from giving it to Lynda straight away!! I'm shocking - if I buy something for someone as a gift, I want to give it to them NOW!!! Tee! Hee! Hee! We were a bit naughty, though and made Lynda carry the rather large wrapped parcel into the coffee shop! Here she is with her weighty surprise!


You can see why we made her carry it! Tee! Hee! Hee! And after she'd wrestled the paper and raffia ties off she found ...


Lynda enjoys cooking and is a great baker of biccies etc for school lunches, so I'm sure she'll make good use of them, but these great mixing bowls are also pretty!! Pretty and practical! How clever were we! Lynda is a bit of a pink freak - to balance out my predominantly "anti-pink" colour selections - so the bowls will look great in her kitchen, too.

We all had sinfully sweet goodies with our coffee and waddled out after a couple of fun hours of chatting, catching up and laughing. I really am blessed with some quirky, but wonderful friends!!

And nicer still, Lynda gave me a late birthday pressie of some play money with instructions to treat myself to something from Kerryanne's Shabby Art Boutique! Woo! Hoo!! My friends really do know me well!!! Lynda remembered me saying there were LOTS of pretties from Kerryanne's site that I would like to have in my lounge room! I'm already looking forward to drooling over Kerryanne's pretty creations again - I'll be sure to add photos when my pretties arrive!!

So ... that was how I spent most of my Saturday - how did you spend yours?? Hope you were having fun whatever you were up to, or at least felt you'd been productive!!

Ooooooh!! Before signing off, Linda of the pretty birdhouses has said she'll play "Tag" so I'll wait with baited breath to see what her seven weird and wonderful factoids will be. She says she has to give it some thought to come up with strange facts about her that won't scare people! Tee! Hee! Hee! I think most of us in blogland are pretty shockproof!!

Til next time, Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

2 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Well, your A, B, C day sounded wonderful! What fun! Happy belated Birthday....

Thanks for visiting my blog, and I hope you come back and visit often! It was wonderful to meet you.
Hugs,
Penny

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hi Kris,
Now that sounds like my kind of Saturday morning. Actually I would be happy sharing any morning of the week with good company and coffee and cake!!!

I was a bit self indulgant this Saturday morning too. I told hubby I was just ducking out to the local scrapbooking shop to pick up some more paper for the memory album I am making for my mum's 70th birhthday. Well...after 2 hours I rang home to say that I was going to be a bit longer than expected so just go ahead and have lunch without me. Mmmmm....I visited 2 scrapbooking shops, had a delightful take away latte and spent way too much on new supplies. All this for someone who rarely scraps.

Sometimes we just have to be kind to ourselves. Glad you had a fab day Kris.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...